Orlistat Basic Info.
Product Name: Orlistat
Appearance: White Powder
mp: <50 °C
storage temp: 2-8°C
solubility DMSO: 19 mg/mL
appearance: Off-White Solid
1. An antiobesity agent. A pancreatic lipase inhibitor. Antiobesity agent.
3. Orlistat is an antiobesity agent. Orlistat is an pancreatic lipase inhibitor.
4. Tetrahydrolipstatin (orlistat) is a semi-synthetic derivative of lipstatin, a metabolite isolated from Streptomyces toxytricini. Tetrahydrolipstatin acts as a potent, irreversible inhibitor of pancreatic lipase. In vivo, it blocks the absorption of triglycerides while allowing fatty acid absorption. Tetrahydrolipstatin is widely used for the treatment of obesity.
5. Orlistat is used for the treatment of obesity. The amount of weight loss achieved with orlistat varies. In one-year clinical trials, between 35.5% and 54.8% of subjects achieved a 5% or greater decrease in body mass, although not all of this mass was necessarily fat. Between 16.4% and 24.8% achieved at least a 10% decrease in body fat. After orlistat was stopped, a significant number of subjects regained weight-up to 35% of the weight they had lost.
6. The incidence of type 2 diabetes in an obese population over four years is decreased with orlistat (6.2%) compared to placebo (9.0%). Long-term use of orlistat also leads to a modest reduction in blood pressure (mean reductions of 2.5 and 1.9 mmHg in systolic and diastolic blood pressure respectively).
DNP Basic Info.
Product Name:2, 4-Dinitrophenol
CAS No: 51-28-5
Appearance: Light Yellow Crystals Buff monoclinic crystal. Soluble in hot water, ethanol, , benzene, chloroform and pyridine insoluble in cold water. Can with water vapor volatilization, heated sublimation.
Usage: Weight loss drug.